The coronavirus outbreak has created an increasing number of challenges to individuals, families, communities, and companies.
The incredible worldwide response to this challenge has been immediate, particularly from the people and organizations that are rapidly developing solutions to identify, treat and prevent the spread of the virus.
We at Garnet are proud to be a supplier to those who contribute to this effort. In fact, many customers have made applications used at the forefront to help in this worldwide effort to fight Covid-19, using Performance Motion Devices, Inc. (PMD) products.
Listed below are just a few of the crucial applications that use integrated circuits, modules and PMD cards, designed and manufactured by customers.
Many of PMD’s life sciences and medical equipment customers build the systems used to determine who has been exposed to the virus and who may be carrying antibodies.
Some of these systems include:
– Point of care blood chemistry analysis systems
– Clinical chemistry and immunoassay systems
– Automated test sample preparatory equipment
– MRI contrast injectors
– Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) systems
– Digital multiplexing systems for proteomics and genomics analysis.
PMD partners with companies both in the US and worldwide that build the medical and laboratory automation equipment used to treat those suffering from COVID-19.
These life-saving applications include:
– MDRO detection and antibiotic therapy systems
– Hematology molecular, blood, and plasma screeners
– Artificial ventilators
– Platelet and plasma extraction systems.
PMD works extensively with an array of pioneering companies that are building the next generation of systems that will be able to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and future biological threats.
These systems include:
– DNA/RNA extraction and purification systems
– Chemiluminescent (CLIA) analysis systems
– Long-read genome, transcriptome, and epigenome sequencers
– Multi-axis microscope / nanometrology systems
– A wide variety of clinical chemistry and immunoassay systems.
Inspired by Performance Motion Device Newsletter