The following video shows a demo system consisting of three electric grippers by KSS, the Japanese company specialized in ball screws and actuators production.
The KSS electric grippers feature a light and compact design; they allow multi-point positioning, gripping force control, centering and measuring dimension, thanks to the dedicated driver.
They are equipped with a bidirectional ball screw, powered by a hollow shaft step motor.
In addition, a linear encoder for position feedback is included in the gripper.
- clamping force from 2 N to 20 N;
- total useful stroke of 14 mm (7mm per side)
- positioning repeatability of +/- 0.01 mm
- movement speed from 5 to 20 mm / sec.
- each motor is managed by a D6180 Driver
- 24 Vdc power supply
- current 1 A
- 3 inputs and 3 outputs
- RS485 serial interface
- Din rail mounting
Four different functions are shown in the demo:
- 1) handling of the piece
- 2) 90° rotation
- 3) 180° translation with QR code reading by the sensor
- 4) gripper lifting and handling to check the length dimension
For more information about KSS electric grippers, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org